[DeTomaso] ZF gear oil per Lloyd Butfoy

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 20:22:59 EST 2015

I would disgaree with Mr. Drew on the combination of 3.77 and 0.62 5th;

Mike related to me the experience of an owner who had done the 3:77 and a 5th gear set change (.620 or .642)

That owner had times when he could not comfortably cruise on the freeway in fifth. Sure, a downshift fixes that, but somehow it
seems wrong to change to a 5th gear ratio that has  a new restriction on its use.

I understand the logic of the different ratios providing similar RPM results.

My decision was mostly based around my desire to not change the performance/driving characteristics of the 4:22, which the 3:77 changeover most surely does.

Larry