[DeTomaso] ZF gear oil per Lloyd Butfoy

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 19:35:37 EST 2015

If I was forced into buying a Ring & Pinion I think I'd have opted for the 3.77
It was considered.

The 3.77 AND the .620 is, per Mr. Drew, not viable without a STRONG engine. There is such a thing as too high.

The 3.77 by itself with no 5th change would give the desired MPG improvement, but at the expense of the car's normal performance characteristics.

I, and surely most owners, will only have to rebuild a ZF once during our period of ownership.

I'm just biting the proverbial bullet and hopefully giving 2511's ZF another 80,000 miles or so of satisfactory performance.

Larry