[DeTomaso] Amerisport quad light kits

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:47:09 EST 2015

The installation is pretty simple on an unmodified headlight bucket. I installed a set on my '74 back in 2008 timeframe and Kirk provides comprehensive instructions with the kit. The kit requires cutting the headlight mounting hole from the bucket to a template, to do so simply mask off the area to be cut with a die grinder and use a damp cloth to prevent heat penetration through to the exterior painted bucket.

The second set I installed on my GT5, but that was more of task as the early Vader lights had been installed which required a far more significant cut out of the bucket than the Quad lights required, so I ended up having to weld material back in. That set was installed a year ago and were the later 60mm ultra low profile version that only opens 3 inches and I like that look better personally,m especially on the GT5 body styling. There's no loss in light quality and they are significantly better than the square sealed unit Vader lights they replaced. I liked the lower profile so much I got another set for the '74 GP4  build.

Some people have reported juddering of the lights as the kit doesn't open against a fixed stop, merely the motor micro switch, but you can add a rubber bump stop to cure that problem if it arises.

There's an used set of the larger 90mm quads on Ebay now.

Julian