[DeTomaso] Bassett Wheel questions for GT5

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 17:28:58 EST 2015

 Bassets are steel stock-car racing wheels. As such, they take wheel lug-nuts cut at a 45 degree angle. Street wheels including Campys use lug nuts cut at 60 degrees. Mixing these up has caused wheels to loosen while driving, and the resulting damage can negate any savings from using cheap wheels. Steel wheels do have thinner centers so if you don't already have the longer stock GR-4/5 wheel studs, you may not need them. Good luck- J Deryke

-----Original Message-----> On 8 Feb 2015, at 14:43, Don Franck <panteradon at gmail.com> wrote:> >   I am considering Bassett wheels for my GT5.  I have great tires, and do>   not want to spend a fortune on wheels right now.>   Anyone currently running Bassett's on a GT5?    How are they holding>   up?  Rust?>   Anyone running Chrome Bassett wheels?  Are they holding up or rusting?>   Finally.>   Opinions:  A Red GT5 should have a)Chrome wheels  b)Silver wheels c)>   black wheels>   THanks and ANY help!!>   -->   Don in Houston> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at poca.com> http://poca.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_poca.com> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above._______________________________________________Detomaso Forum Managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at poca.comhttp://poca.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_poca.comTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.

   <[1]panteradon at gmail.com> wrote: > > I am considering Bassett wheels
   DeTomaso mailing list [4]DeTomaso at poca.com