[DeTomaso] Bassett Wheel questions for GT5

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 14:52:08 EST 2015

In a message dated 2/8/15 6 43 30, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> Opinions:  A Red GT5 should have
>

> a)Chrome wheels == GAK!   Where is my bucket?
>
>  b)Silver wheels   == A good choice, looks vaguely original
>
> c) black wheels ==   Makes for a rather menacing look

Don't forget the fourth, and potentially the best option--GOLD wheels.   De
Tomaso used gold on the factory (red) Gr4 cars and the effect is rather
striking.   Lamborghini used that combination on the Miura and some Countaches
as well.

Here's a good photo of Geoff Peters RHD '72 Euro GTS converted to GT5-look
(parked in the foyer of the Royal Auto Club salon in Pall Mall in London)

http://www.ocpanteras.com/photo_gallery/9991a.jpg

And an image from Brooklands:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/gallery/brooklands-double-twelve-2
011-photos/d3s_7637.jpg