[DeTomaso] Veglia Gauges: the weekend dumb question

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 10:04:47 EST 2015

Dear Forum,

                    I recently saw a lovely video from AutoWeek about a
bespoke car builder in New Zealand who hand fabricated a classic Ferrari
250 GTO for a customer.    As I watched it, I noticed that the Ferrari GTO
copy used Veglia gauges.

                    I have heard aspersions and insults cast upon the
Pantera Veglia gauges for inaccuracy, variability, etc, etc.   I had assumed
that they were mundane, run of the mill, cheap, average Italian gauges.

                    However, Ferrari used them on the iconic 250 GTO and
raises my weekend dumb question:

                            Veglia gauges: how good are they really in the
context of Italian sports cars of the sixties and seventies?

                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles