[DeTomaso] Meta-Lax

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Wed Feb 4 13:54:25 EST 2015

I'd like to re-activate this thread.

I said I believe cold treatment works - but Meta-Lax is NOT cold treatment.
It's sub-harmonic vibration treatment and, in general, vibration
treatments should not be used on:
- cold work-hardened materials
- surface hardened materials
- heat-treated materials
- 300 series stainless
- low-carbon alloys
which makes it sound like complete bullshit for use on an engine build
except maybe the block.

Does anybody have experience with Meta-Lax???
If it really is good I'd very much like to know.

Otherwise
Bill, don't let anybody near anything but your block or maybe your crank
(if it's cast and not heat-treated or surface treated)
(and not even your block if it has sleeves or liners)
dave