[DeTomaso] Climate Bag

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:25:01 EST 2015

Probably took longer because of all the Love oils in the water.

;-)

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia

     A dehumidifier works like an aircondition. The cooler the condenser
     is,
     the better they work and take less energy. Inside a bag it would
     heat up
     and wouldn't work well.
     Roland
     Am 04.02.2015 um 11:13 schrieb Tomas Gunnarsson:
     >A  A  A Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to place the
     dehumidifier inside
     the
     >A  A  A tent and just run the drain hose away from it? Kind of how
     you use a
     >A  A  A dehumidifier in general.
     >

     >A  A  A Tomas
     >A  A  A <-----Ursprungligt Meddelande----->
     >
     >A  A  A  A  A From: Mike Drew via DeTomaso [[4]detomaso at poca.com]
     >A  A  A Sent: 4/2/2015 5:49:37 AM
     >A  A  A To: [5]andymay24 at gmail.com;[6]davel at emspace.com
     >A  A  A Cc: [7]detomaso at poca.com
     >A  A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Climate Bag

   >A  A  A In a message dated 2/3/15 12 13 52, [8]andymay24 at gmail.com
   writes:
   >A  A  A > Yes, I certainly would not want to be doing it for a weekend
   - its
   >A  A  A really
   >A  A  A > designed for seasonal use.
   >A  A  A >
   >A  A  A >>>Andy, he didn't say 'weekend'. He said 'week and...'
   >A  A  A Yes, it takes some time to put the car into and out of the
   cocoon, but
   >A  A  A if
   >A  A  A you're taking it out and then driving it every day for a week
   before
   >A  A  A parking
   >A  A  A it for several weeks or months, it's not unreasonable.
   >A  A  A FWIW, Johnny Woods balked at the high cost of a "Carcoon" in
   the UK so
   >A  A  A he
   >A  A  A made his own. His old workshop was something straight out of a
   Dickens
   >A  A  A novel; it was in the basement of an 18th century tannery. It
   was
   >A  A  A perpetually
   >A  A  A dark and dank, and any bare metal left exposed would literally
   rust in
   >A  A  A minutes.
   >A  A  A He made a lightweight balsawood rectangle larger than the car,
   and
   then
   >A  A  A a
   >A  A  A light framework that reaches a peak in the middle, and covered
   it with
   >A  A  A heavy
   >A  A  A clear PVC plastic. He put a rubber seal all the way around the
   bottom
   >A  A  A framework. He then rigged up a pulley apparatus overhead, ran
   a rope
   >A  A  A from the
   >A  A  A top of the 'tent' through the pulley and then down to an old
   Jaguar
   >A  A  A windshield wiper motor he affixed to the wall. Powered by a
   12V
   >A  A  A inverter, with the
   >A  A  A flip of a switch, the whole affair lifted up and was suspended
   over
   the
   >A  A  A car.
   >A  A  A Now, what about the humidity? Well, at first he just got a
   standard
   >A  A  A dehumidifier, set it up outside the tent, with the inlet hose
   inside
   >A  A  A with the
   >A  A  A car, and piping to the outside for the water that was removed
   from the
   >A  A  A air.
   >A  A  A But then he got REALLY clever. You see, the dehumidifier has
   an air
   >A  A  A exhaust
   >A  A  A as well as an inlet. So, he rigged up a long length of hose
   and ran
   the
   >A  A  A exhaust air back INSIDE the tent. In this way, the air was
   circulated
   >A  A  A again
   >A  A  A and again and again, getting moisture pulled out of it with
   each pass
   >A  A  A through the machine.
   >A  A  A He got a humidity gauge and measured the ultimate dryness
   achieved by
   >A  A  A this
   >A  A  A method, then on his next trip to the USA, he measured the air
   in Death
   >A  A  A Valley in the late springtime. His bubble had lower humidity!
   >A  A  A So, with just a few dollars spent plus a bit of cleverness,
   you can
   >A  A  A really
   >A  A  A take care of your car if it's in a humid environment. Even if
   you're
   >A  A  A not
   >A  A  A willing to manufacture your own tent, the trick of circulating
   >A  A  A dehumidified
   >A  A  A air around and around and not allowing ambient air into the
   cocoon is
   >A  A  A very
   >A  A  A good idea!
   >A  A  A Mike

     etc.) use
     the links above.

   use the links above.

   --
   Michael L. Shortt
   Savannah, Georgia
   [14]michael at michaelshortt.com
   912-232-9390
   privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
   notified
   communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the sender that
   you
   have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank you