[DeTomaso] Rear Brake Vent - additional pictures

Andy May andymay24 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 12:50:39 EST 2015

Hi Jeff,

Yes it does have the original brakes still on it. The car is in a climate
bag for the winter but I should have some photos or something I can supply
later this evening.

Kind regards

Andy

-------------- next part --------------
   Hi Jeff,

   Yes it does have the original brakes still on it. The car is in a
   climate bag for the winter but I should have some photos or something I
   can supply later this evening.

   Kind regards

   Andy

   Does your GT5S have the original brakes on the rear?A  Girling with a

   On Jan 29, 2015 8:29 PM, "Julian Kift" <[5]julian_kift at hotmail.com>
   wrote:
   > A  A Dan,
   >
   > A  A I am aware of the IPSCO solution, which is a step above the
   'silly kart
   > A  A things' as I was thinking more of the cheaper variant Wilwood
   spot
   > A  A calipers;

   A [1][6]http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-1360?seid=srese1&gcli
   d=CPT
   > A  A wyq6BusMCFQcyaQodox0Aqw
   >
   > A  A There is a requirement in the UK MOT test for the handbrake to
   bring
   > A  A the rear wheels to a stop against the force of a rolling road
   and
   > A  A without a certain level of A imbalance between sides. I wsa
   trying to
   > A  A convey (poorly) that I don't think many of the options owners
   revert to
   > A  A in the US would meet the demands of the test, and I think that
   might
   > A  A include the OEM setups in many US based Pantera's.
   >
   > A  A Julian
   >
   > A  A Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:42:06 -0600
   > A  A From: [7]daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
   > A  A CC: [8]detomaso at poca.com
   > A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Rear Brake Vent - additional pictures
   > > not the silly kart things people put on to feel like they have a
   > handbrake
   >
   > Do you mean:
   >
   > A [2][9]http://www.ipsco.org/Pantera%20Parts/parkingbrakekit.htm
   >
   > That looks like it would work as well as many OEM set ups I've
   seen.A  Some
   > of those are simply tiny mechanically actuated drum brakes that use
   the
   > inside of the hub as the braking surface.
   >
   > Dan Jones

   Managed

   [12]http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-1360?seid=srese1&gclid=CP
   Twyq6BusMCFQcyaQodox0Aqw