[DeTomaso] RIP Hugh Boyd Casey

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:12:38 EST 2015

> I am honored that he chose me to make it possible for him to get to experience the thrill of driving his (beast of a Pantera with the 600+ HP 408" stroker) that he so greatly loved.

Ron,

I am so very glad that you were able to get Hugh's Pantera completed
so he had a chance to enjoy it, however brief.  After, he picked up
the car, he sent Dave McLain and I the email attached below.  He was
elated with the work you did and the support of his fellow Pantera
enthusiasts in completing the project.  They were bright lights in an
otherwise dark time.

Bob,

Thanks for those videos you just posted.  It means a lot to me to be
able to see him driving and enjoying his Pantera.

RIP Hugh,
Dan Jones

Dear Dave and Dan,
I picked up my car in MD. Saturday. Bob Levitt and Dennis (two members
of our local POCA club, drove me down to Ron McCall's and escorted me
back to New York. The car is so powerful (and LOUD!!!!) I had  a smile
from ear to ear!. The engine ran great and I actually got better
mileage than I did from the old engine. I wanted to thank you both
again for all your help. I am going to post a bunch of photos and some
video footage to show the rest of the Pantera world what you guys are
capable of. There were around 10 Pantera owners from the Baltimore
area who all came to Ron's to meet us and when I took the car out for
the first time, they were all amazed. They said when I came back after
a short 10 minute drive they all said I was smiling from ear to ear.
We got attention every where we went or stopped on the way home.

Thanks again,
Hugh

to Boyd, Dave
Cool!  You have more power than Ford won the 24 Hours of LeMans with
back in 1965.  Just make sure you have it pointed straight before you
step on the loud pedal and remember your right foot is your only
traction control :-)

Dan

to me
Dan, thanks for the advice !  My two buddys from Long Island Pantera
were thinking along the same lines, Bob to the lead position and
Dennis took the rear with me snuggly in the middle. The wanted to make
sure I was "boxed in" so I would be sure to drive at their speed.
Actually it was a great idea. I have never  driven a car with 600+ HP
and I haven't driven the Pantera in 14 months and I have felt a little
"off" from the chemo and radiation so it was a good idea all around.
Thanks again for all your help (the engine design and simulation, the
parts, all the moral support) You are a true gentleman as well as a
good Samaritan. I will always be in your debt.

Hugh