[DeTomaso] Front Brake Caliper Piston Sticking

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Dec 29 15:14:21 EST 2015

I had a similar but different problem after I began driving my newly purchased Pantera years ago.  In my case the front caliper began to "not release" after applying the brakes.  And in one instance when I didn't realize the caliper was still applying a kittle pressure, the front started locking up on the freeway a hundred miles into a drive.

In my case, when I finally began brake work, I found dark, rubbery schmutz inside the brake lines.  That gunk was difficult to move through the lines and it became easy to see why the calipers weren't releasing.  The car got rebuilt calipers, new hoses and all the schmutz cleaned out of the lines.

I would make every effort to check the calipers before your big drive.

Asa  Jay

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks