[DeTomaso] NPC - Ever Seen a Stang-Ranchero?

richard boschert theemonkey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 19:49:25 EST 2015

I helped build one when i worked as a mechanic at a Mustang restoration shop.
It was a 65,289 4 speed car.Used some of the tailgate hardware off a 65 or 66 ranchero,cut down the tailgate height etc.
It was a blast to drive and was really useful.There are times when you dont want a lumbering full size truck.I think it weighed around 2300 lbs.With around 325 hp and a 4 speed it was just so much fun.
Attached are a couple of scanned pics.Sorry about the quality,but it was probably around 1989 that i took the pics.
Richard