[DeTomaso] Total Heresy- Ecoboost V6?

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:18:31 EST 2015

To those who cringe at the slightest modification that changes some aspect
of the Pantera: Stop Reading Now. I have my flame suit on so

How about putting the Ecoboost 3.5L V6 in the Pantera?  Ford just released
a controls pack for the Ecoboost V6.  Yes, I'm sure there will be hurdles,
just like the Coyote. The twin turbos really help at high altitude, such as
where I'm from.  The torque and power under the curve is where the Ecoboost
excels.  More power under the curve = better acceleration.  I've noticed
that just tuning the Ecoboost can push horsepower above 400 but the torque
is amazing for such a small motor.  Throw in some bigger turbos and better
exhaust manifolds and you're in the 600 hp range quickly.

While looking for a truck to replace my previous Ford, I drove a few F150's
with the Ecoboost and was always impressed with the power!  I've also
driven the Taurus SHO with the engine and I was left impressed.  It says a
lot that the new Ford GT and Raptor pickups will be powered by this engine.

It definitely goes against one of the Pantera's core concepts of a big V8
in a small car. I'm not saying that I think everyone should convert their
cars to the latest engine.  I like the Coyote engine a lot and have thought
long and hard about swapping to that engine.  I like the Cleveland, no
doubt, but I like new technology just as much.

Just thinking as usual.

Corey