[DeTomaso] Cranking amps

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:39:36 EST 2015

I thought Cold Cranking Amps was only used in automotive battery contexts
though it is good to know the base value to turn the starter motor.  I've
noticed that a #6 wire carrying 250A rarely gets hot except at the ends
where there may be more resistance.  Hm.  I wonder if that would be a good
way to tell if your wire ends were going bad with a bit of thermal
imaging.  That's how they tell with industrial switchgear, and now you can
get a real (not a weird filter) thermal imaging attachment for your phone.

--
   I thought Cold Cranking Amps was only used in automotive battery
   contexts though it is good to know the base value to turn the starter
   motor.A  I've noticed that a #6 wire carrying 250A rarely gets hot
   except at the ends where there may be more resistance.A  Hm.A  I wonder
   if that would be a good way to tell if your wire ends were going bad
   with a bit of thermal imaging.A  That's how they tell with industrial