[DeTomaso] HHI Speed Classic and Concours Oct/Nov 2016

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:43:54 EST 2015

In my other role as a Manager with the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival
and Concours I have managed do the following.

During the Speed Classic ( run by HSR)  on Hutchinson Island (Gran Prize
Raceway) during the last weekend in October of 2016, we can have as many
Panteras race as we can field in the regular Group 7 race, plus a short
sprint exhibition race with Panteras only.
The following weekend during the Concours ( first weekend in Nov), I can
invite 12 Detomaso cars to be shown on Saturday.
I would like the following:
71 Stock Pantera, 72 Stock Pantera, a 73 Stock Pantera, 74 Stock GTS
Pantera, one highly modified "Boy Racer" custom street Pantera, a Targa
Pantera, a GT5S Pantera, a. Factory Racing Pantera, a Longchamp, A
Deauville,  a Vallelunga, A stock Mangusta, A Racing Mangusta, plus any
suggestions for something different.
They have agreed to invite Tom Tjaarda to both be a featured Guest and
Group Judge on Saturday and a Special Guest Judge for the main event on
Sunday.

The HHI Concours  is a super event, rated by many as the third best
Concours event ( behind Peeble Beach and Amelia Island). In fact, Amelia
will be adding racing this year copying our HHI event's schedule after Bill
Warner visited last year and saw all the excitement for himself.

If you have a car and are willing to come to the show to display, please
let me know, the field is very limited. If you are interested in racing,
please contact me ASAP, the entire field is limited to 200 cars.

Michael Shortt