[DeTomaso] The Forum and POCA

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:41:53 EST 2015

Good Morning,

Merry Christmas to you all.

Let me preface this email/memo with a simple and direct statement.

I want only what is best for POCA, I want to grow the club and I want
everybody to be happy ( if that is possible )

The elections were just concluded, the people that the MAJORITY of you want
to run the club are in place, that is after all the purpose of elections is
it not?

I have a great many plans for the club that I hope to garner support for
through the proper method with BOD support, many of those ideas have been
floated around here.

That needs to stop.

The Forum is not the place for club business or procedure, the forum is a
PUBLIC RELATIONS and TECHNICAL tool to both help attract new members and to
help each other out with issues on our cars. It is not, nor was it every a
confessional, leadership suggestion box or time out corner.

The last week of postings to any outsiders lurking makes us all look like a
big disfunctional family and would be enough reason to not join and for
others ( who already have)  to call for the forum to cease.  That is not an
acceptable response, but neither are these posts.

The new website will have a member's only area for such conversations, but
you all are killing any chance of attracting new members with all this
drivel.

If you are in office, you should know better, you are already violating the
Code of Ethics.
You if ran for office and lost, please return to chapter business or run
again in the next election, but this has to stop, be a team player and set
an example.

I am establishing a new committee called "The Cleveland Block", it will
consist of me, your VP, Mike Burnett and one representative from each
chapter.  We will conduct a once a month conference call to bounce ideas
around and hear what you have to say.  It is here that you can channel your
creative thoughts and useful suggestions in the proper fashion to actually
get something done, because I will be there listening to everybody.

Whinning, back seat driving, second guessing and undermining those that you
have piut into office to work on your behalf is not the answer.

Think about seeing the fiorum for the first time during the last week, it's
embarassing.

My election was a call, if not an overwhelming mandate for change, please
contribute to that change by using the forum as intended.   We need new
members, I hazard to estimate the avgerage age of POCA membership, easily
over 60, if not 65 years old.  We need new members, the people buying these
4,000 plus cars and paying a healthy price to get them, new membership is
ythe ONLY way this club will survive another 20 years, most of us reading
this will be dead by then.

Please help me make things better by conducting yourselves like recruiters,
you are one and each post represents the club.  Panteras may be the bad
boys of exoctic cars, we are loud, brash and quick to get going, but we
need to also be a polished and well lubed machine to go the distance.

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

[...]
   and for others ( who already have) A to call for the forum to cease.A
   That is not an acceptable response, but neither are these posts.
   The new website will have a member's only area for such conversations,
   but you all are killing any chance of attracting new members with all
   this drivel.
   If you are in office, you should know better, you are already violating
   the Code of Ethics.
   You if ran for office and lost, please return to chapter business or
   run again in the next election, but this has to stop, be a team player
   and set an example.
   I am establishing a new committee called "The Cleveland Block", it will
   consist of me, your VP, Mike Burnett and one representative from each
   chapter.A  We will conduct a once a month conference call to bounce
   ideas around and hear what you have to say.A  It is here that you can
   channel your creative thoughts and useful suggestions in the proper
   fashion to actually get something done, because I will be there
   listening to everybody.
   Whinning, back seat driving, second guessing and undermining those that
   you have piut into office to work on your behalf is not the answer.
   Think about seeing the fiorum for the first time during the last week,
   it's embarassing.
   My election was a call, if not an overwhelming mandate for change,
   please contribute to that change by using the forum as intended. A  We
   need new members, I hazard to estimate the avgerage age of POCA
   membership, easily over 60, if not 65 years old.A  We need new members,
   the people buying these 4,000 plus cars and paying a healthy price to
   get them, new membership is ythe ONLY way this club will survive
   another 20 years, most of us reading this will be dead by then.
   Please help me make things better by conducting yourselves like
   recruiters, you are one and each post represents the club.A  Panteras
   [1]www.michaelshortt.com
   [2]michael at michaelshortt.com
   912-232-9390
   privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
   notified
   communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the sender that
   you
   have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank you