[DeTomaso] SCOTT MARTIN.. A strong WRONG on your suggestion!!!

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 03:00:48 EST 2015

Oh absolutely NOT!  I hope you were kidding!  POCA should not be involved with this supposed book in any way, shape, or form.  If Mike would ever elect to write such a book, it should be his book and his alone.  If POCA members elect to submit or share information, more power to them. POCA should not be involved in ANY WAY as that would be highly inappropriate and most counterproductive, and not even for the reasons of the many incidents that have been cited whereas POCA has not acted in the most scrupulous of manners, and has not been transparent about finances unless one files a request with the IRS, we now hear. Then there are the former election fiascoes ... let's not go back into those nightmares, but to have POCA involved with his book would be the greatest mistake and the furthest thing from anything reasonable I've heard.  Secondly, a big thank you to Effie for being so straight forward in expressing not only her opinion but her insights into what has been realized by others you can be sure.  Third point, congratulations to President, Mike Shortt; you're now in the clean up spot.  I know you will be a great asset to this Club in so many ways.  Good luck to you for your enthusiasm, creativity, and integrity.
Laurie

 [DeTomaso] Mike's tale of De Tomaso book
    Scott Martin     smmartin7 at netscape.net
    Sun Dec 20 15:33:57 MST 2015

I agree with this, but think we should go should go a step further and have POCA sanction the book.

Mike and everyone else that has DeTomaso history knowledge should put it all into a definitive book on Detomaso, the person and the cars, and POCA endorse it as the most complete, factual book on the marque.  It might be a multi-volume set and POCA might want to fund and own the rights or let someone else publish it.  If the club agrees to the concept, a committee can be created to work out the details.

I suggested to our new President that the club needs to sanction an official DeTomaso registry to have an official documentation of what cars were produced and how many are still remaining.  There are a number of people around the world with unofficial registries, these should all be combined in a listing that POCA maintains.  I offered to help with this.

Clubs like Shelby and Ferrari have official registries and history books, I think it is time for POCA to step up to this.  But we can't lose our roots of providing social events and member activities.

Scott Martin