[DeTomaso] Mike's tale of De Tomaso book

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 20 18:30:21 EST 2015

I like that!
Joe / NC

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at poca.com] On Behalf Of Scott Martin
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 17:34 PM
To: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Mike's tale of De Tomaso book

I agree with this, but think we should go should go a step further and have POCA sanction the book.

Mike and everyone else that has DeTomaso history knowledge should put it all into a definitive book on Detomaso, the person and the cars, and POCA endorse it as the most complete, factual book on the marque.  It might be a multi-volume set and POCA might want to fund and own the rights or let someone else publish it.  If the club agrees to the concept, a committee can be created to work out the details.

I suggested to our new President that the club needs to sanction an official DeTomaso registry to have an official documentation of what cars were produced and how many are still remaining.  There are a number of people around the world with unofficial registries, these should all be combined in a listing that POCA maintains.  I offered to help with this.

Clubs like Shelby and Ferrari have official registries and history books, I think it is time for POCA to step up to this.  But we can't lose our roots of providing social events and member activities.

Scott Martin