[DeTomaso] 2016 Fun Rally Attendance

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:13:23 EST 2015

After listening to (reading) everything for the last 48 hours, this is what
I think about the situation.

1. Plans have been made and are in place

2. While there is time to scrap it and start over, it would not be prudent
given everything else on the table before the POCA BOD.

3. I think that we should all be supportive and attend if you can, while
sitting around and drinking ain't my thing, I know others enjoy it.

4. I think that a track option would notably help attendance and I have
reached out to my friends in NC that own LV Motor Speedway and
    have asked them to see if they can help, I will report back IF anything
worth reporting occurs.

5. I think that a National event (or four) will be in our immediate future
in 2017 and beyond and will be the direct responsibility of the club,
with major support of local sponsoring chapters as hosts of these events.

So in closing, let's PLEASE stop bashing, complaining and making
suggestions to change this year's event, it just ain't going to happen
under my watch
because I have much bigger responsibilites than what happens over 4 days,
the other 361 are more important at this time.

Instead, attend if you can, volunteer and make it the very best it can be
under the circumstances.

We need to put on our happy faces, fill up the gas tank, smoke the tires
and move on.

The forum is open to all and our worst enemy ( me included ) has been us,
that needs to stop.

our primary singular mission in 2016 is to grow the club ( plus lots of
other stuff ), constantly reading BS is not helpful to attracting new
members.

My attitude and my blood type are both A+, so let's all be + going into
2016.

There is no advantage to being an (  *  ), nobody will like you and the
internet/email sucks at comic timing.

Go to Vegas, blow it out and have fun.

Michael Shortt
President Elect
POCA

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

   After listening to (reading) everything for the last 48 hours, this is
   what I think about the situation.
   1. Plans have been made and are in place
   2. While there is time to scrap it and start over, it would not be
   prudent given everything else on the table before the POCA BOD.
   3. I think that we should all be supportive and attend if you can,
   while sitting around and drinking ain't my thing, I know others enjoy
   it.
   4. I think that a track option would notably help attendance and I have
   reached out to my friends in NC that own LV Motor Speedway and
   A  A  have asked them to see if they can help, I will report back IF
[...]
   There is no advantage to being an ( A * A ), nobody will like you and
[...]

     long enough to enjoy it!A  )
   I don't know why some people seem to think that it is a POCA sponsored
   >A  A  event and that the POCA Board needs to have approval of what is
   done.
   >A  A  If you don't like what the organizers have put together then
   don't
   >A  A  participate.

   Vegas is centrally located for most Pantera owners (except for those of
   us
   in the Midwest and East) so I think Las Vegas is a great idea, too; but
   "seedy" hotels andA  $90,000 cars, not so much. I suspect the rest of
   us
   would rather be somewhere a little nicer and a little safer, especially
   some of the newer members who may be bringing their wives.
   As for me, I'll probably go either way and I hope to be driving my car
   it if we can get the Midwest Pantera Squadron organized for the trip
   and
   seeing old friends. I, too, was an original owner of brand new 74
   Pantera
   so, after 40 years of Pantera ownership, the nostalgia part has some
   meaning for me as well. Maybe this can be the "last hurrah," where we
   celebrate the good old days when people looked down their noses at the
   cars, when we struggled to keep them runningA  both financially and
[...]

   use the links above.

   --
   Michael L. Shortt
   Savannah, Georgia
   [9]michael at michaelshortt.com
   912-232-9390
   privileged.A  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
   notified
   communication is strictly prohibited.A  Please reply to the sender that
   you
   have received this message in error, then delete it.A  Thank you