[DeTomaso] 2016 Fun Rally Attendance

fastgrandma fastgrandma at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 00:26:16 EST 2015

Jack and I will be attending (my health permitting) mainly because the Rally IS returning to Las Vegas!!! And to have it once again at the Plaza is an added benefit. From the pictures I've seen, there is a definite improvement of the hotel; it may not be a 4-5 star hotel but just how much time do you spend in your room! If you really don't like it there is another hotel across the street. Yes, the days of having our cars lined up on Fremont Street are gone but that's where it all began and when we had the greatest numbers of members attending. There was nothing better than sitting at the President's breakfast and hearing the roaring engines moving out onto Fremont; still brings a smile to my face.

For anyone dissing members sitting around in the Hospitality Suite, BOO HISS to you! For many of us it was like a family reunion; we didn't need to run around on the go to 'event's' constantly unless one wanted to. It was very boring at the last Rally we attended as too many people were off somewhere; after traveling to get there the whole thing was rather disappointing. Personally if we're visiting an area where we want to see the sights, we'll do it not when we're together with friends to renew our friendships. Does one go to a family reunion and then run off doing anything but seeing the family?

This is not to say we've just sat at the hotel doing nothing but if we wanted to, we had that option. One can always add a couple more days to the trip to see the sights which we've often done.

Judy

Since there is much discussion about the 2016 Fun Rally going on, I
   have a simple question if you all would be so kind as to respond.

   Who is attending the Fun Rally this May as it is planned?

   Michael Shortt
   President Elect
   POCA

   use the links above.