[DeTomaso] Baby Turbo mirrors?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:37:52 EST 2015

1) Looking for pix of the full-size turbo, because the baby turbo looks an
awful lot like the mirror mounted on my GT5-S. Most (all?) of the GT5-S use
this style, so I suspect that if Julian has a collection of Californians on
GT5 cars, they primarily used these mirrors in the early 80's and switched
to the Turbos in the mid- to late- 80's.

2) I found this on a Lambo fórum which may be of interest:
The Jalpa and the Countach share the same mirror. I ran into the same thing
when someone broke my drivers <http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/#>
side mirror. I was actually able to fix it, but I can pass along this
information that I found during my search.

There is a company <http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/#> called
"Re-Originals" that makes parts for Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, FIAT,
Alfa, etc that are usually listed as NLA or next to impossible to find.
They do make a reproduction of the Vitaloni mirrors that are quite
reasonable in price and they look just like OEM. I'm attaching the photo
they sent me of their unit. Also, here is the URL to their site:

Re-Originals, Inc. - Restoration Headquarters - Body Parts
<http://reoriginals.com/bodyparts_61.aspx>
http://reoriginals.com/bodyparts_61.aspx

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 3:03 AM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Mike,
>
> The larger proportion of GT5 photos in my archives have GT5's with the
> Californian mirrors as my GT5 wears.
>
> Julian

-------------- next part --------------
   1) Looking for pix of the full-size turbo, because the baby turbo looks
   an awful lot like the mirror mounted on my GT5-S. Most (all?)A of the
   GT5-S use this style, so I suspect that if Julian has a collection of
   Californians on GT5 cars, they primarily used these mirrors in the
   early 80's and switched to the Turbos in the mid- to late- 80's.
   2) I found this on a Lambo fA^3rum which may be of interest:
   The Jalpa and the Countach share the same mirror. I ran into the same
   thing when someone broke my [1]drivers [icon1.png] side mirror. I was
   actually able to fix it, but I can pass along this information that I
   found during my search.
   There is a [2]company [icon1.png] called "Re-Originals" that makes
   parts for Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, FIAT, Alfa, etc that are
   usually listed as NLA or next to impossible to find. They do make a
   reproduction of the Vitaloni mirrors that are quite reasonable in price
   and they look just like OEM. I'm attaching the photo they sent me of
   their unit. Also, here is the URL to their site:
   [3]Re-Originals, Inc. - Restoration Headquarters - Body Parts
   [4]http://reoriginals.com/bodyparts_61.aspx

   On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 3:03 AM, Julian Kift
     The larger proportion of GT5 photos in my archives have GT5's with
     the Californian mirrors as my GT5 wears.
     Julian
     Thanks!A  Yes, sadly that's what I thought. I have a set of Babys
     <[9]tecnosound at hotmail.com> wrote:

     > The GT5 , and GT5-S use the Vitaloni Full size Turbo mirrors , not
     the baby turbos .

     > > Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:39:51 -0800
     > > To: [10]detomaso at poca.com
     > > Subject: [DeTomaso] Baby Turbo mirrors?
     > > From: [11]detomaso at poca.com
     > >
     > > All,
     > >
     > > Am I correct in stating that the factory equipped later Panteras
     such as the GT5 and GT5-S with Vitaloni Baby Turbo mirrors?

     > > Or did they use the full-size Turbo?
     > >
     > > Mike
     > >
     > > Sent from my iPhone
     etc.) use the links above.