[DeTomaso] Whose Pantera in 'Breaking Bad'?

DtomasoCat at aol.com DtomasoCat at aol.com
Mon Dec 7 10:49:24 EST 2015

Guys,

Just catching up on old episodes of Breaking Bad. There is a  cameo of a
blue Pantera with stock wheels and hood vents at the end of Season 4,  episode
10, 'Salud'

So whose car is that???

Mike,

That was a car that ended up being purchased by a gentleman in  Albuquerque
several years ago.  He bought it on impulse at one of the  Monterey
auctions in California.  He hadn't really inspected it before it  crossed the block
and he regretted it pretty much immediately.  He ended up  trading it in on
another vehicle in Albuquerque and the Pantera was for  sale at a local
used car dealer for a LONG time.

I went and inspected the car for a potential Canadian buyer who was looking
 for a Pantera and I recommended he pass on it.  It would barely run and
had  many other issues.

I believe it may have been pushed to the scene in Breaking Bad.

It was eventually sold and went to Florida where I saw it on a Craigslist
ad for sale.  It appeared to have been shown some love and was in much
better condition.

Hopefully the new owner is enjoying it.

Jim