[DeTomaso] whats old is new again

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 00:56:43 EST 2015

I put iridium plugs in my Regal GS at about 100,000 miles and saw a slight increase in gas mileage, from about 31 MPG at 70, to 32 MPG.  I ran synthetic from day one, and the engine still ran perfectly at 170,000 miles.  It came with platinum plugs and the iridium plugs are suppose to be a little better.  It has a supercharged engine if that makes any difference.
I suspect a lot of folks driving Detroit products don't take great care of them because they plan to replace them in 3 to 5 years and probably assume the vehicles will fall apart anyway. Having worked for Hughes Aircraft and experienced big lies from GM before gutting the company (they said numerous times that they would not break up Hughes so people would not leave), I have no love or respect for anyone in GM management.  It really irritates me that they screwed so many Hughes employees, and then got bailed out by our tax $s.  I think I bought one of the few good cars they made, but think it actually was made in Canada anyway.   I replaced the 98 Regal GS I bought new at 170,000 because of little stuff I didn't want to deal with, and bought an off lease 2003 and I'll drive it until it becomes unreliable, and keep spending my car $s on the Panteras.
Ken