[DeTomaso] whats old is new again

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Dec 5 18:49:11 EST 2015

Think of it this way and it is marketing genius.  Most times, when an
engine goes in a plain old non-exotic, it is well past its prime and the
decision to replace the car is easier. Provide a cost-effective reason keep
it and buy more "Original Ford Parts" to keep the rest of the car running.

In 60 years we could be a 21st century Cuba with no American cars after
2016.  Brilliant!
On Dec 5, 2015 4:04 PM, "Guido deTomaso" <guido_detomaso at prodigy.net> wrote:

>    Unsleeved aluminum motorcycle cylinders can be re-plated by third party
>    vendors, though I have no direct experience with that.
>    Be interesting to see if the process described below will eventually
>    compete with ordinary sleeving of an iron block.
>    GD

   Think of it this way and it is marketing genius.A  Most times, when an
   engine goes in a plain old non-exotic, it is well past its prime and
   the decision to replace the car is easier. Provide a cost-effective
   reason keep it and buy more "Original Ford Parts" to keep the rest of
   the car running.

   In 60 years we could be a 21st century Cuba with no American cars after
   2016.A  Brilliant!

   On Dec 5, 2015 4:04 PM, "Guido deTomaso"