[DeTomaso] Rollover valve installation

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Aug 30 11:52:39 EDT 2015

I purchased a Gallons way rollover valve for #1488. I have an early tank
still wrapped in fiberglass. The existing vent assembly is riveted in 4
spots. The Hall unit has 3 holes.

What is the best way to remove rivets  without dropping them in the tank.
Do I need a gasket when I install the Hall unit?  Simple self-tapping sheet
metal screws?