[DeTomaso] Radiator Removal II

MDBell davidabell at att.net
Sun Aug 30 09:03:43 EDT 2015

Charlie,

Green stripe hoses don't like to give up their grip for sure.  Cutting the
hoses works but often the soft brass or aluminum pipe gets deep cuts in it
as well as the green stipe is so tough to cut through.

Alternatively, I've had reasonably good luck removing stuck-on green stripe
hoses using a sort of bent pick that I bought at an auto supply.  The tool
looks a little like a 6" long ice pick but the tip is bent at a smoothed 90
degree angle and about 1-1/2" long.  The pointed tip is much more rounded
than an ice pick tip.  Just slide (or force) the bent tip into the opening
between the hose and pipe and then gradually work it around the
circumference of the pipe, breaking the grip of the hose as you go.

If you were in the US, then practically any auto supply or Sears Hardware
would have one.  In Spain, I have no clue.  You could probably make one from
an ordinary ice pick though by bending the tip and dulling the pointy part
so it doesn't stab itself into the rubber hose.

Good luck!

Dave Bell