[DeTomaso] Moving the E-brake handle to the driver's side

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 18:57:42 EDT 2015

Thanks Jack

From: jderyke at aol.com [mailto:jderyke at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 12:05 PM
To: mbefthomas at comcast.net; detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Moving the E-brake handle to the driver's side

Moving the e-brake handle is possible but it takes extra parts, requires a new cut in the floor and the existing one welded up, and a host of geometry problems to be solved. The original e-brake will hold your car on some hills if adjusted properly and may be more of a function of the calipers than the handle placement. If I was going to do this for some reason,  I would mount the handle on the left (drivers) rocker panel using Porsche 914 or Fiero parts & cables, which are certainly going to be cheaper than buying GT-5 parts to move the handle to the other side of the console. Either way would be a fairly large job with the entire cabin gutted to do the work.