[DeTomaso] Anybody have a Ford Part number for a '71 windshield gasket?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 19:35:58 EDT 2015

Rob,

I can't tell you the specifics. I do know that some vendors are selling horrible gaskets that are even advertised as not fitting properly (that is, they arrive with instructions on how to cut it apar to attempt to make it fit).

Quality gaskets are available directly from the source in Italy; Roland Jackel in Germany sells them for the same price and is a Good Dude to work with. The recent implosion of the Euro makes them more affordable than a couple of years ago too.

I believe Mr Fiat in Atlanta is also selling the good stuff, but don't know that for sure. Maybe Matt at ReOriginals has it too?

Marino Perna of Pantera East does a bit of trading with Roland so be may stock the right ones. I intend to visit him in a couple of days and see what he has gathering dust on his shelves.

Having said all that, I would attempt to preserve your existing gasket unless there is a compelling reason not to?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone