[DeTomaso] Rockers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 20:36:38 EDT 2015

In a message dated 8/22/15 13 06 43, thedrol at pobox.com writes:

> Oh yeah, isn't the "official" line that late model cars are just as good
> as the Ford era cars?
>

>>>I think most people believe that the late model cars are generally
'nicer' (that is, they typically have fantastic leather interiors, the widebody
cars have Gr3 suspension and brakes etc.).   But I've never heard anybody
suggest that the build quality was superior to the Ford-era cars, and Kirk
Evans (who imported the Amerisport GT5-S cars) and I did some forensic research,
cutting apart a GT5 chassis and a Ford-era chassis for a comparison, and
found the build quality of the Ford-era chassis was far superior.

It's the difference between a mass-produced car made from stampings, and a
limited-production car that was effectively hand-built.