[DeTomaso] PARTS STASH LIST

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 20:36:33 EDT 2015

In a message dated 8/22/15 16 42 31, johnmckee at cox.net writes:

> I should probably know this but, is there a list of Ford part numbers on
> the world wide web to cross reference these parts with a picture?
>

>>>Not that I know of.   But if you own a Pantera, you should already own
both the De Tomaso (USA) and Ford parts books.   Assuming you don't, they are
available in paper format from all the vendors (and often on E-bay), or as
part of the full bundle of ALL the Pantera literature/wiring diagrams/etc.
on the POCA CD-ROM.   The cost is fairly reasonable IMHO.

The vendors don't use the Ford parts numbers as they are very cumbersome.
But as in this specific case, when the parts are in the original Ford boxes
with the original Ford numbers, that's obviously the easiest way for the
seller to specifically identify them.

The numbers tell a story, too.   A D16Y part number is a 1971 Pantera part;
if it was unchanged through production it would be used for all model
years.   When there was a supercession in a different year, it would have a D26Y
or D36Y (72 or 73).   Or alternately, they would use a -A or -B or -C
suffix.

Yeah, it's pretty confusing without the book...