[DeTomaso] NPC: VMWare

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Aug 20 10:01:04 EDT 2015

I highly recommend Oracle's Virtual Box too.  I host development databases
on it in Linux and have installed a few Windows version too, though you do
need a separate license for MS stuff.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Thomas Tornblom <thomas at hax.se> wrote:

> VirtualBox is pretty good now, and free.
>

> Den 2015-08-20 15:41, Asa Jay Laughton skrev:
>
>> VMware for personal use was a real PITA for years, and expensive. Once
>> they came out with VMware Player (for free), it became so much easier. I
>> now run VMware Player on my Windows machines and have several different
>> Linux VMs that I can run anytime I want or need to.
>>
>> I've had trouble installing VMware on Linux in order to run Windows
>> stuff, but for the most part Wine on Linux seems to work.
>>
>> Nearly all hosted servers out there in the wild (like GoGaddy and
>> others) are running on VMs. The servers I host are all on VMs. The
>> servers my employer hosts are nearly all on VMs. They've come a heckuva
>> long way.
>>
>> Asa Jay
>>
>> Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
>> &  Shelley Marie
>> Spokane, WA
>> ******************************
>> http://www.racingagainstautism.com
>> http://www.teampanteraracing.com
>> http://facebook.com/racingagainstautism
>>

>> On 8/20/2015 6:23 AM, Larry - Ohio Time wrote:
>>
>>> Will, I am installing some VM ware as I read your post. I see more and
>>> more
>>> of it each day.
>>>

>>> Larry (Novel man) - Cleveland

-------------- next part --------------
   I highly recommend Oracle's Virtual Box too.A  I host development

   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Thomas Tornblom <[4]thomas at hax.se>
     VirtualBox is pretty good now, and free.

   VMware for personal use was a real PITA for years, and expensive. Once
   they came out with VMware Player (for free), it became so much easier.
   now run VMware Player on my Windows machines and have several different
   Linux VMs that I can run anytime I want or need to.
   I've had trouble installing VMware on Linux in order to run Windows
   stuff, but for the most part Wine on Linux seems to work.
   Nearly all hosted servers out there in the wild (like GoGaddy and
   others) are running on VMs. The servers I host are all on VMs. The
   servers my employer hosts are nearly all on VMs. They've come a heckuva
   long way.
   Asa Jay
   Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
   &A  Shelley Marie
   Spokane, WA
   [5]http://www.racingagainstautism.com
   [6]http://www.teampanteraracing.com