[DeTomaso] While I'm looking for tips.

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Wed Aug 19 22:50:58 EDT 2015

When I was undercoating the insides of frame, sills and the like I noted that there is not a positive make-up between the various parts of the inner fender and outer fender at the back of the front wheel well.  Looking inside the sills I could see grit and the like toward the front of the sill cavity using my handy borescope.  Got a piece of 3/4 inch hose, shoved it way up in there from the seat-belt hole, and sucked all I could out.  Then I worked to seal the gaps with the body and fender putty that stays soft - that folks use to seal seams.  Then undercoated over the whole thing.

I also noted that a couple of the drain holes in the bottom of the sills were covered with the same kind of body putty - no clue why - pried that stuff out.  Then I undercoated the inside of the sill with Eastwood undercoating.

Need to write a tech article on all of that.

Stephen Nelson