[DeTomaso] Need a tip about window motors.

John Donahue demongusta at me.com
Mon Aug 17 03:36:27 EDT 2015

Wow - it’s a matter of interpretation. The manual says to remove the ASSEMBLY  - i.e. two things   combined -  here, the “assembly” is the regulator with the motor.” It would be easier if the manual said: "Lower the regulator assembly and THEN remove the window motor”. If, indeed, it’s TFM, maybe its a matter of some english/Italian translation/grammar thing, but such a little word (“then”) could have saved your knuckles. Or maybe they assumed you would lower the “assembly” before removing the motor, since they said “AND”, figuring you would “assume” there was a “then” implied.
So even though you RTFM, you must INTERPRET TFM.