[DeTomaso] Alignment for high speed

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Aug 13 22:31:16 EDT 2015

Dear Boyd,

                 Eleven degrees!   Impressive.   Do be aware of my sad experience with five degrees of positive caster plus stock rolled fender lips plus nine inch wide by seventeen inch wheels with 245 mm wide tires----at full lock it tends to permit the tire to kiss the front upper outer fender lip.   Following that is a notable blemish and a trip to the paint and body man for a repair to fix the damage and a recontouring of the fender flair to prevent future “kisses”.     The advantages of big positive caster still outweigh these minor disadvantages.

                                    Positive Caster Ambassador,  Chuck Engles