[DeTomaso] Pantera #1765 initial startup

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 22:04:10 EDT 2015

In a message dated 8/4/15 18 27 56, grayjim at cox.net writes:

> Wow, Mike that sounds like a great combo. I will always remember how Lori
> so
> generously let me drive her car that year in Reno. I was impressed with
> the
> overall performance then and I'm sure it is much better now.
>
>>>Oh yes, I'm sure.   The motor had more than 90K miles on it, and was an
old oil-burning smoker when you drove it.   Eventually the cam lobe that had
been going flat for awhile went completely flat, which was the impetus for
the rebuild.

I forgot to mention that the total cost of the engine build, including
custom porting of the intake and heads, and a full day of dyno tuning, was less
than $3K!