[DeTomaso] NPC: small dose of automotive prose

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Aug 2 21:34:55 EDT 2015

Dear Forum,

                  Dan Neil reviewed the new Cadillac CTS-V  this weekend.
An impressive machine, but not for me.

                  I was struck by his prose describing the handling of  the
Caddy on meth:

                  "...Just pick your radius and apply throttle.  While the
CTS-V arcs and skitters at formidable speeds on molten micro-layers of
liquefied Michelins flirting with 1+g cornering loads, the chassis remains
eerily poised and graceful, even when it gets jostled by uneven pavement."

                   Molten micro-layers of liquefied Michelins..Sigh.  What a
way with words describing things near and dear to mine heart.

                    Sorry.  I got carried away, but he does write so well.

                                             Warmest regards,   Chuck Engles