[DeTomaso] Port Plates

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:13:15 EDT 2015

Assuming you are talking about something like a Parker Funnelweb intake
with port inserts that go into the intake runners of the heads (and not the
stamped steel MPG port plates that get sandwiched between the heads and
intake), they should be mechanically fastened in placed with a thin layer
of epoxy in between.  Clamp the stuffer in place, drill through the bottom
of the cylinder head intake runner into the stuffer.  Remove and tap the
stuffer.  Drill out the hole in the head slightly larger.  Coat the bottom
of the stuffer with a thin layer of epoxy (Goodson PRK-99 or Z-spar) and
screw it into place. A friend who did this recommends smearing epoxy around
the perimeter of the stuffer.  After it dries, blend it in with a die
grinder and cartridge rolls.  Also put a layer of epoxy over the bolt or
screw heads.  Prep the head and stuffer surfaces first so it provides a
clean, dry surface for the epoxy.

Dan Jones