[DeTomaso] Insurance Coverage Limits

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 13:22:40 EDT 2015

All,

Another thought--one long-term risk of under-insuring your car is that the
threshold for it being considered a total loss is that much lower.   For
instance, if you only have your Pantera insured for $25K, even a minor
fender-bender that is easily repaired could cause the insurance company to total the
car out.   You always have the option of buying the wreck and then using
the money to fix it, but then the car is forever tainted with a salvage title.

Mike (calling today to raise his limits--it's been more than a year and
values have once again outdistanced my coverage....)