[DeTomaso] Insurance Coverage Limits

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:17:14 EDT 2015

Most" financial planners" I know aren't really financial planners but
insurance salesmen. They specialize in annuities ( which are a form of
insurance) and life insurance. So it's  funny for me to hear an "insurance
planner" advise against covering an asset that has increased in value.Maybe
it's because it's coverage that they don't sell! In most of the cases I
have heard discussed we are not talking about chump change . Most of these
people haven't increased their coverage in years. So $40k's worth of
coverage with a current value between  $65K and $85 K is not what I would
consider a prudent amount of uninsured risk. After 25 years in the car
business I can say the biggest mistake people make is getting talked into
disability  or life insurance on a new auto purchase. It is much smarter to
increase the value of your whole life policy to compensate for the added
liability of a new car purchase. Insuring a collectible for it's full value
 (or close to it) is good planning ( whether it's a collectible car or a
piece of art work).Just make sure it's a guaranteed value policy. With $95K
of coverage for $600 and change it's a great value.

Boyd

-------------- next part --------------
   Most" financial planners" I know aren't really financial planners but
   insurance salesmen. They specialize in annuities ( which are a form of
   insurance) and life insurance. So it's A funny for me to hear an
   "insurance planner" advise against covering an asset that has increased
   in value.Maybe it's because it's coverage that they don't sell! In most
   of the cases I have heard discussed we are not talking about chump
   change . Most of these people haven't increased their coverage in
   years. So $40k's worth of coverage with a current value between A $65K
   and $85 K is not what I would consider a prudent amount of uninsured
   risk. After 25 years in the car business I can say the biggest mistake
   people make is getting talked into disability A or life insurance on a
   new auto purchase. It is much smarter to increase the value of your
   whole life policy to compensate for the added liability of a new car
   purchase. Insuring a collectible for it's full value A (or close to it)