[DeTomaso] [POCA Forum] A-ARM BUSHINGS (Pantera Technical)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 19:13:54 EDT 2015

In a message dated 4/29/15 15 13 16, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> I'm new to the POCA forum and the e-mail list, and haven't quite figured
> out how they both work.  I posted my question about the advantages of Poly
> on the thread started by John in the forum.  His response came in the form
> of an e-mail to me but doesn't show up on the thread in the forum.  My
> follow on comment was a response to his e-mail, John's additional comments and
> now your statement don't show up on the forum thread either.
>
>>>I've never even seen the web browser-based forum...the interface of such
things is just too slow and difficult, especially when viewing on a phone.

> >Glad to know Lori was able to change her bushings herself!  Guess that
> will be a winter project for me. I put poly bushings in my BMW Roadster and
> I do have to lubricate periodically to stop the squeaking but it always
> comes back.  I use WD-40 which is probably not good for the bushing but I
> don't know what else to use. Perhaps I'll try Wurth HHS-K which is a
> penetrating lubricant used by some for this purpose.
>
>>>WD40 is the last thing you'd want to use, I suspect.   Permatex silver
anti-seize was favored by Dennis Quella of Pantera Performance Center, but
most poly bushing suppliers include a small tube of goo.   That stuff is
available in a larger tube from NAPA, called Syl-Glyde.

But rubber bushings are the way to go for street use, IMHO....