[DeTomaso] Texas drive - on-road radio option

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 12:29:04 EDT 2015

Chuck and All,

I got this response from Rob. —Larry

——————————————

Yes, and better for two reasons. One, a much higher wattage output and two, these radios operate on VHF not UHF.
UHF or (ultra high frequency) is more of a line of sight band and does not allow for out of sight or over the hill communications.

The MURS VHF band will operate similar to CB radio without all the unwanted Blaa Blaa heard on the CB Channels. I would be
very surprised if you heard anything else but the communications from the convoy.

Simple answer, yes. MURS is much better then FRS radio’s in and out of the car.

Rob