[DeTomaso] [POCA Forum] A-ARM BUSHINGS (Pantera Technical)

John Donahue demongusta at me.com
Tue Apr 28 20:11:32 EDT 2015

I wish I had all the time, stress, lost blood, etc. back again over these little bushings. I was embarrassed to creep over speed bumps in front of people who are impressed looking at a Pantera, until they hear the “door-hinge”. I suppose the “gurus” in the club that put their car(s) on the track would agree about the stiff ride, better handling, etc. But if you drive your car like I do - pleasure only - you want the rubber bushings. Then there are the “die-hards” - drilling the housings and inserting grease fittings everywhere - really? I guess the “scientists” could argue whether the integrity of the housing is compromised by all the extra holes being drilled. Don’t know.  Don’t care. It wasn’t until the Fun Rally in San Diego that I heard first hand about NO SQUEAKS with the rubber. I switched - been happy ever since. Just sayin’. In fact, I had spent MANY hours (days?) preparing for a quiet ride to San Diego - only to have the squeaks back again WAY TO SOON. You will also hear about all the different compounds to use - with testimonials - Cool - If the darn things were easy to change out, I would like to try a different compound on each corner - but, for me, an old man, they are a PAIN to change. I wish someone told me what I am writing right now. Then again, if I had unlimited funds, it might be easier. IMHO
Good luck and to all going to Texas - "have a good time". I wish I was going.
John
4348