[DeTomaso] Oil Spray from valve cover breathers

Brian Dudley bd8134 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:30:06 EDT 2015

Agreed you really need baffles in the covers to keep the oil from being
kicked up in the first place.
I presume you are using the filter type breathers, one on each?
You could try these extension pieces,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Tall-Twist-In-Chrome-Oil-Filler-Tube-Extension-Breather-Universal-Fit-/271289370747?hash=item3f2a1b487b&vxp=mtr
If you are blowing the breathers off you are building some sort of pressure
in there and the baffles and extension piece will not stop that. However if
you have those bits in place you could try hooking up a hose from the top
of the extension tube to your air filter enclosure. The tube might help
with the oil mist draining back into the covers and the slight vacuum you
get from the engine via the air filter could relieve some of the pressure
you are building.
Eventually, you could hopefully run a regular pcv or is it pvc setup into
the intake manifold.
Check your oil level frequently. You can consume a lot of oil quickly.

-------------- next part --------------
   [1]http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Tall-Twist-In-Chrome-Oil-Filler-Tube-Exten
   sion-Breather-Universal-Fit-/271289370747?hash=item3f2a1b487b&vxp=mtr
   If you are blowing the breathers off you are building some sort of
   pressure in there and the baffles and extension piece will not stop
   that. However if you have those bits in place you could try hooking up
   a hose from the top of the extension tube to your air filter enclosure.
   The tube might help with the oil mist draining back into the covers and
   the slight vacuum you get from the engine via the air filter could
   relieve some of the pressure you are building.A

   On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM, Jerry Knotts <[2]knottsj at galstar.com>