[DeTomaso] Oil Spray from valve cover breathers

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:43:35 EDT 2015

I want to warn you a little.  A PCV system under a stock motor with normal
build is fine.  It will take care of this no problem.  *If* you have a high
performance build with race clearances and high cylinder pressures, you
will need to find alternative and much more drastic methods of driving out
the gases.  Not just to contain the mess, but to prevent detonation at high
RPM if oil gets into the combustion chamber.  You can get a venturi port to
your exhaust system from each valve cover, or you can use an evacuation
pump.  Both are common on drag motors and somewhat less common for road
race motors.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/generation-iv-external-engine/357610d1338920321-crankcase-evacuation-system-evacsysteminstallsy2.jpg

I hope that link works :)  Look up
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=crankcase+ventalation+vventuri&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=crankcase+evacuation+system

--
   I want to warn you a little.A  A PCV system under a stock motor with
   normal build is fine.A  It will take care of this no problem. A *If*
   you have a high performance build with race clearances and high
   cylinder pressures, you will need to find alternative and much more
   drastic methods of driving out the gases.A  Not just to contain the
   mess, but to prevent detonation at high RPM if oil gets into the
   combustion chamber.A  You can get a venturi port to your exhaust system
   from each valve cover, or you can use an evacuation pump.A  Both are
   common on drag motors and somewhat less common for road race motors.
   [1]http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/generation-iv-external-engine/
   357610d1338920321-crankcase-evacuation-system-evacsysteminstallsy2.jpg
   I hope that link works :) A Look
   upA [2]https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=crankcase+ventalati