[DeTomaso] FW: Oil Spray from valve cover breathers

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:42:13 EDT 2015

It's a  tough crowd to play to, my talents (or lack thereof) are wasted......

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 14:19:22 -0500
From: kirby.schrader at gmail.com
To: Richard at richardgreenblum.com
CC: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] FW: Oil Spray from valve cover breathers

Richard,

You just missed Julian's attempt at British humor, methinks...
:-)

Kirby

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Richard Greenblum <
Richard at richardgreenblum.com> wrote:

>    I didn't quite get Julian's post unless there's confusion over PVC vs.
>    PCV.  The system that returns crankcase pressure  to the engine is
>    Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) and everyone knows PVC is
>    poly-whatever plastic.  The PCV system will get rid of or at least
>    greatly reduce the smoke and smell emitting from the engine by drawing
>    it back into the intake charge.
>    Richard
>    Austin, TX
>
>    From: Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>
>    Date: Friday, April 24, 2015 at 2:04 PM
>    To: "[2]kenn_green at yahoo.com" <[3]kenn_green at yahoo.com>,
>    "[4]dennis617 at aol.com" <[5]dennis617 at aol.com>
>    Cc: deTomaso List <[6]detomaso at poca.com>
>    Subject: [DeTomaso] FW: Oil Spray from valve cover breathers
>
>       I have never head that the material of construction of the valve
>    would
>       make a difference, why would PVC be better for the PCV valve? :>)
>       Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:56:20 +0000
>       To: [7]dennis617 at aol.com; [8]detomaso at poca.com
>       Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Oil Spray from valve cover breathers
>       From: [9]detomaso at poca.com
>    Do you have a PVC valve?  I recall that PVC helps reduce or eliminate
>    pressure i
>    nside the engine, and if it's removed or blocked, you can get oil spray
>    from bre
>    athers.
>    ken

   by POCA Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes DeTomaso mailing
   list DeTomaso at poca.com
   subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links
   above.