[DeTomaso] Fun Rally Updates

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu Apr 23 19:26:38 EDT 2015

Fun Rally is just a few weeks away.  Texas is getting ready for you.

David Bell is scheduled to lead a drive to the Blue Bell Creamery for an
Ice Cream tour as one of the Fun Rally activities.  However, Blue Bell
has gotten a black-eye in the national news recently with product
tainted with listeria.  The family owned business has elected to recall
all product and voluntarily close their facilities to cleanse the
lines.  At this time, probably not the best tour opportunity.  Ya Think!!

We have replaced the tour with a visit to the De Lorean Motor Car
Factory.  Yes, they are still built here in Humble, TX. Steve Wynn owns
the company and purchased all leftover inventory from the original
factory.  They are a full restoration shop and are even building an
electric version for sale.  They are a passionate bunch and have a good
display of DMC-12s in progressive stages of assembly.

We are delighted that Tom Tjaarda will be joining us and presenting his
recent projects and thoughts at the Banquet.  Tom, now in his 80s, will
be present for the entire event and perhaps with a bit of coaxing, may
sign your dash.

I hope that you will join us at this year's POCA Lone Star Rally. The
new geography will bring some different faces and cars generally not
seen on the west coast.

We are submitting the order for Rally shirts next week.  Whether you are
coming to the Rally or not, you may take advantage of the shirt offer.
Info is on the POCA website.  Please do so before next Tuesday.

John Taphorn