[DeTomaso] Memory support for Judy

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 13:45:05 EDT 2015

Dear Judy,
As you have implied that I had the delusion of coming up with the two Profiles issues per year idea, I ask you to refer to YOUR Newsletter, Jan. 2015 Issue.  Look carefully at John Buckman's President's Message and you will see it clearly stated that POCA was discussing making Profiles a SEMI-ANNUAL publication.  Funny (not) as it is, I remind you, this was the issue immediately AFTER the election for which Mike Haney's platform was to continue Profiles as it had been with FOUR issues per year.  While I realize not everyone reads the Newsletter, I would think that you surely do, as you credit yourself as the Co-Editor.

I am now happy to learn that you have confirmed that Profiles will once again be published FOUR times a year...as it was for 35 years... and nearly before I was born (well not quite.)  I'm sure all the members will be reassured to learn of this.  Actually, POCA should come up with an actual decision on this and inform the Membership with sound facts.  If not publishing 4x's a year, make it clear NOW if there will be a reduction in dues!

And I have one question for you.  Just curious, as you state you've been a member for 34 years, the Roster shows Jack's membership from 8/1/86, that'd put you at 28 years, 8 mo's.  Just sayin.'
Very sincerely,
Laurie
__________________________

[DeTomaso] Nice Profiles & Added Member Benefits
    fastgrandma     fastgrandma at aol.com
    Fri Apr 17 19:19:12 MST 2015

Just one question Laurie; where does it say that you're only going to get two issues per year?
I don't believe that was specified anywhere that I've seen. It is Mike Haney's aim to get the
Profiles back to what it used to be - way back in the old days before the previous editor; yeah,
before you joined POCA.  That said, encourage the members you know to send articles and pictures
for the upcoming issues; many of us are ready to see more Profiles and ones that have current
articles.
I won't get into the POCA fund issue other than to say that I think charitable donations
should be made via the chapters which I know some already do. Seeing how hard it is to get a
decent number of members to vote on important issues - like elections - having a vote on a charity
would not be realistic.
Judy
35 year POCA member

   fastgrandma [1]fastgrandma at aol.com