[DeTomaso] Lug nut torque

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 20 06:32:06 EDT 2015

What is the rating of the studs?
I found a chart that indicates a max torque of 59 ft lbs for 12 mm grade 8.8 and 83 ft lbs for the grade 10.9.

From: guson at home.se
To: MikeLDrew at aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:51:10 -0700
CC: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Lug nut torque

I've owned a Mercedes and a BMW and they both use the same thread bolts
as the Pantera for the wheels. Mercedes says 110 Nm (81 lbs) and BMW 100
Nm (74 lbs). I think it's OK with either of them for the Pantera. I've
used 110 Nm myself.

Tomas