[DeTomaso] Profiles and Membership benefits

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 22:52:30 EDT 2015

Hi Judy,
I guess everything's relative, I've been a member since 1998. That puts me at 17 years; enough time to have an opinion that counts. And I read the Board decided there'd be 2 issues somewhere along the lines from different posts, either Forum, Club, or Ed's Facebook, not sure where I read the bi-yearly decision for Profiles.  If that's not the case than more power to powers that be; I'm fine with that.  On the issue of a charity, that could definitely be a Board decision. Doubt members would have issue with such a benevolent idea.  Or, as you say, if each Chapter makes this decision, and since a very small portion of membership dues goes back to Chapters, and in light of the excess budget, why not up the amount to the Chapters?  Just ideas.  I believe members are encouraged to offer such... yes?
Take care,
Laurie

Just one question Laurie; where does it say that you're only going to get two issues per year?  I don't believe that was specified anywhere that I've seen. It is Mike Haney's aim to get the Profiles back to what it used to be - way back in the old days before the previous editor; yeah, before you joined POCA.  That said, encourage the members you know to send articles and pictures for the upcoming issues; many of us are ready to see more Profiles and ones that have current articles.

I won't get into the POCA fund issue other than to say that I think charitable donations should be made via the chapters which I know some already do. Seeing how hard it is to get a decent number of members to vote on important issues - like elections - having a vote on a charity would not be realistic.

Judy

35 year POCA member