[DeTomaso] Tires 16 and 17

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 19:40:01 EDT 2015

I've been very happy with my Toyo R888's. Mark

     On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:57 PM, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

 I am running 245/45 x 16” and 335/35 x 17”

Some searching last year led me to believe my next set of tires would wind up being
“racetrack and autocross only" DOT tires.

I found:

Hoosier A6 - 245/45  and 335/35

Kumho V710 - 245/45 and 335/35

Toyo R888 - 245/45 and 315/35

Toyo RA1 - 245/45 and 275/40

BFG R1-S - 245/45 and 315/35

BFG R-1 - 245/45 and 315/35

I have come to believe that finding regular DOT street performance tires, with matching front and rear tires in my sizes, with the same Mfg. and within the same tire line is no longer possible, unless you find out dated NOS tires somewhere.

Which starts a whole new topic.

Larry